Kahuna is looking for a motivated Structural Engineer with experience in heavy industrial concrete and steel calculations, as well as ability to perform drawing checks/ reviews. Must have experience with MathCAD, RISA, and ENERCALC. Applicant should be able to check drawings that include complex layouts, plans, sections, and elevations, for engineering projects such as, pipe rack pipe supports and concrete foundations. Must have a knowledge of general drafting functions using AutoCAD® and NavisWorks.
- Basic understanding of reinforced concrete and steel design.
- Utilize AutoCAD and NavisWorks for design verification.
- Interpret engineering specifications while applying them to the modeling process (AISC, ACI, IBC, etc. – PIP experience is a plus).
- Responsible for accurate back check of individual work on multiple projects.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experiences
- Typically has a minimum of 3-6 years of progressive engineering experience or equivalent.
- B.S. – Civil Engineering
- Steel and Concrete Design.
Kahuna is DOT regulated. Applicant must be able to pass a drug test before employment. Random drug tests are administered.