To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Kahuna Design is looking for a motivated Civil Engineer with a water resources and land development background. The ideal candidate will have a moderate to advanced technical ability with AutoCAD Civil 3D including grading, surface manipulation, alignments and plan & profiles; the ability to build and manipulate corridors is a plus.
- Experience in and knowledge of land development design process and/or grading for industrial/mining application.
- B.S. – Civil Engineering
- At a minimum possess an EIT
- Moderate to advanced understanding of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Additional Skill Set Desired (not required):
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience preparing drainage reports.
- Experience preparing Storm Water Management Plans (SWMP)/ Storm Water Management Program Plan (SWMPP).
- Experience with Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control (DESC) and Grading, Erosion, and Sediment Control (GESC) permitting process.
- Experience with Best Management Practices (BMP).
- Experience generating CLOMRs and LOMRs.
- Experience producing Master Plans.
- Experience with storm water system design.
- Experience with LID design.
- Experience with stream morphology and sediment transport modeling.
- Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis Modeling
- Experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM5.
- Working knowledge of UDFCD Hydrologic and Hydraulic software including CUHP, UD-Culvert, UD-Detention, UD-Inlet, and UD Rational.
- Experience and knowledge of UDFCD Criteria Manual Vol 1, 2 & 3.
- An understanding of engineering code and regulatory requirements.
- Experienced in analyzing and establishing flood plains.
- Experience with waste water facility design.
- Experience and knowledge of transportation engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of structural engineering.
Kahuna is a DOT regulated. Prior to employment a drug test must be completed and passed. Random drug test are mandatory.